Saturday, July 17, 2010

Post-Fundraiser!

My Farewell Fundraiser went awesome today! The weather wasn't that great this morning and I was worried it would keep people away from the park but there was a decent turn out and I'm glad I got to see the people that came!

We had some good ole face painting, awesome hot dogs cooked by my dad, a sweet spread of food donated from some generous friends and some really sweet silent auction prizes! It was exciting pulling each winning ticket and seeing the reaction on everyone's faces. The funny part about the silent auction was that many people at the park (complete strangers) bought tickets and won most of the stuff. There was one woman there (one of the strangers) who was celebrating her 17th wedding anniversary with her husband and she won a TON of stuff: brand new bed sheets from Best Sleep Centre, a new comfy Grandma Grace blanket and tons of tools donated by Keystone Agrimotive. One of my friends won a guitar, another stranger won about $350.00 worth of books from Fact or Fiction in Steinbach, my photography friend won the hour long photo shoot from my other photography friend and my very own brother won the SWEET Starbucks basket.

As I looked around at the people who came to my fundraiser I felt very blessed! I know some awesome people and I felt supported and encouraged today. Thank you all for coming out! Thank you to everyone who volunteered their time, energy, money, and belongings to this fundraiser - I am SO THANKFUL, so blessed and so encouraged!

And now I am breathing a sigh of relief :) No more planning a fundraiser... ahhh! I'm now going to focus on packing, making life-long memories with my loved ones and getting some rest before I head to New Zealand in 11 days!

The Lord has been so good in the way He has provided and I have been so blessed by many people's generosity! Please continue praying for peace in my heart, rest & joy as I journey forward and continued financial provision.

Be blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment